SNAP - Kenosha
7811 60th Ave., Kenosha, WI 53142 | 262-694-4047
Please note: we are only able to offer SNAP services to cats at this time. Thank you for your patience as we work to develop our public spay/neuter options!
The Spay Neuter Assistance Program (SNAP) is designed to reduce pet overpopulation by providing low-cost spay/neuter services at the WHS Kenosha Campus for those who qualify. Appointments are offered on select days, with drop-offs scheduled in the morning and pick-ups in the late afternoon/early evening. For preventative care, emergency, or any services other than spay/neuter, please contact your veterinarian. Please read the information below to see if you qualify.
To be eligible for SNAP, you must demonstrate financial need by meeting one of the following criteria below. You may be asked to furnish proof on the day of your appointment.
- Forward card or proof of state Medicaid
- Quest card or proof of state food assistance
- Wisconsin Works
- Letter confirming current unemployment compensation
- Social Security letter or statement
- Proof of income demonstrating yearly household income at or below 150% of the poverty line
- Proof of Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) benefits
To qualify for SNAP, your animal must meet the following criteria:
- Must be up to date on both Rabies and Distemper (FVRCP for cats) vaccinations at the time of your appointment. You will be asked to furnish proof on the day of your appointment. Check here for information about our next low-cost vaccine clinic.
- Must be between the ages of 3 months and 7 years old.
- Must weigh at least 2 pounds to be eligible for surgery.
Your animal will not be eligible for surgery through the SNAP program if any of the following apply:
- Known or suspected adverse reaction to anesthesia
- History of having a C-section
- Diagnosis of diabetes, FeLV+, heart murmur or heart condition, or other serious illness.
Because safety is our priority, these conditions would make your animal ineligible for surgery at WHS. We recommend you follow up with a private veterinarian. There are other medical concerns that may make your animal ineligible for surgery and this determination can be made any time up to and including the date of surgery. If WHS determines that your animal is ineligible for our services, a full refund will be provided for services paid.
SNAP program pricing & guidelines
NOTE: We are only able to offer SNAP services to cats at this time. Thank you for your patience and understanding!
- Cat Spay/Neuter - $45
- Additional animals - $25 cats
Additional Fees May Apply
- Cryptorchid - Add $20 if over 6 months, if under 6 months, animal is ineligible for surgery
- Umbilical hernia repair - Add $15
- Flea treatment - Add $5
- Ear mite treatment - Add $5
Available for an additional fee:
- Microchip - $10
- FeLV (feline leukemia) Test - $35
- FeLV/FIV Test - $45
- E-collar - $5
- Flea preventative - varies by species/weight
If you have read the above and meet the qualifications, please make an appointment.
Out of courtesy to those interested in the SNAP program, we can only permit one canceled or rescheduled appointment. If a second appointment is canceled, it may be at least 6 months before we can schedule another time for your animal to be seen.