The Wisconsin Humane Society is responsible for handling stray animals in Ozaukee County, Door County, Kenosha County, and most of Brown and Racine Counties.
- In Milwaukee County, all stray animals must go to Milwaukee Area Domestic Animal Control Commission (MADACC), which is not affiliated with WHS.
- If you are outside of these areas or are unsure whom to call, contact the humane society nearest you or call your local non-emergency police line.
- If you've lost a pet, make sure you follow these important steps for finding your animal.
- Unless the animal had an identifying tag or microchip that included their name, the animals on this page were given a nickname to help them feel like part of the family while in our care.
- If you believe your pet is listed below, please contact the shelter they're currently located at as soon as possible!