Keywords you may see associated with animals below:
“Coming Soon” most often means an animal is recovering from their spay/neuter surgery and will likely be available the following day.
“On Deck” means an animal isn't able to leave the shelter with a new family just yet, but you can still come in to meet them.
“Available from Foster” means the animal is not physically inside our shelter but is instead in foster care while they search for a family of their own. Click on the animal's photo for information on how to express your interest in adoption to their foster parent.
“Working Cats” are highly independent felines who are seeking non-home environments where they can thrive while keeping rodents at bay.
Looking for breed names? Click here to learn why WHS stopped labeling dog breeds in 2016.
**PLEASE NOTE: Adoption processes vary by location. Please review the instructions below for current details.**
- To adopt at the Milwaukee Campus, please join our waitlist online during adoption hours on the day you are available to visit.
- To make an appointment at the Racine Campus, please book online here.
- To make an appointment at the Ozaukee Campus, please book online here.
- To make an appointment at PetSmart Green Bay West, please book online here.
- To adopt an animal at Petco - Green Bay East, please visit 2390 E Mason St in Green Bay.
- To make an appointment at the Green Bay Campus, please call 920-469-3110.
- To make an appointment at the Door County Campus, please call 920-746-1111.