Keywords you may see associated with animals below:
“Coming Soon” most often means an animal is recovering from their spay/neuter surgery and will likely be available the following day.
“On Deck” means an animal isn't able to leave the shelter with a new family just yet, but you can still come in to meet them.
“Available from Foster” means the animal is not physically inside our shelter but is instead in foster care while they search for a family of their own. Click on the animal's photo for information on how to express your interest in adoption to their foster parent.
“Working Cats” are highly independent felines who are seeking non-home environments where they can thrive while keeping rodents at bay.
Looking for breed names? Click here to learn why WHS stopped labeling dog breeds in 2016.
Please select a campus below for instructions on how to adopt. If you're looking to meet a specific animal, be sure to double-check the location they're housed at before booking or visiting.
- To adopt at the WHS Milwaukee Campus, please join our waitlist online during adoption hours on the day you are available to visit.
- To make an appointment at the WHS Racine Campus, please book online here.
- To make an appointment at the WHS Door County Campus, please book online here.
- To make an appointment at the WHS Green Bay Campus, please book online here.
- To make an appointment at PetSmart Green Bay West, please book online here.
- To adopt an animal from the Petco - Green Bay East, please visit 2390 E Mason St in Green Bay.
- The WHS Ozaukee Campus is unable to accept new adoption appointments at this time. Please check back for updates. Thank you for your patience!