“Coming Soon” most often means an animal is recovering from their spay/neuter surgery and will likely be available the following day.
“On Deck” means an animal isn't able to leave the shelter with a new family just yet, but you can still come in to meet them.
“Available from Foster” means the animal is not physically inside our shelter but is instead in foster care while they search for a family of their own. Click on the animal's photo for information on how to express your interest in adoption to their foster parent.
Looking for breed names? Click here to learn why WHS stopped labeling dog breeds in 2016!
ADOPTIONS DURING COVID-19 RESPONSE
- Milwaukee Campus | Open for adoptions by appointment only. To meet with an animal at the Milwaukee Campus, please call 414-264-6257.
- Green Bay Campus | Open for adoptions by appointment only. To meet with an animal at the Green Bay Campus, please call 920-469-3110.
- Racine Campus | Open for adoptions by appointment only. To meet with an animal at the Racine Campus, please call 262-554-6699.
- Door County Campus | Open for adoptions by appointment only. To meet with an animal at the Door County Campus, please call 920-746-1111.
- Ozaukee Campus | Adoptions by appointment will be opening soon; in the meantime, adoptable animals will be sent to our open campuses.
STRAYS AND SURRENDERS DURING COVID-19 RESPONSE
- The Door County, Green Bay, Ozaukee, and Racine Campuses remain open to care for stray animals and surrenders by appointment. The Milwaukee Campus is open for surrenders by appointment; all stray animals found in Milwaukee County must go to MADACC, as always.