Keywords you may see associated with animals below:
- “Coming Soon” most often means an animal is recovering from their spay/neuter surgery and will likely be available the following day.
- “On Deck” means an animal isn't able to leave the shelter with a new family just yet, but you can still come in to meet them.
- “Available from Foster” means the animal is not physically inside our shelter but is instead in foster care while they search for a family of their own. Click on the animal's photo for information on how to express your interest in adoption to their foster parent.
- “Working Cats” are highly independent felines who are seeking non-home environments where they can thrive while keeping rodents at bay.
Looking for breed names? Click here to learn why WHS stopped labeling dog breeds in 2016.
Please select a campus below for instructions on how to adopt. If you're looking to meet a specific animal, be sure to double-check the location they're housed at before visiting.
- To adopt at the WHS Milwaukee Campus, please join our waitlist online during adoption hours.
- To adopt at the WHS Ozaukee Campus, please join our waitlist online during adoption hours.
- To adopt at the WHS Racine Campus, please visit during adoption hours and join our waitlist when you arrive. Click to view the current wait time.
- To adopt at the WHS Green Bay Campus, please visit during adoption hours and join our waitlist when you arrive. Click to view the current wait time.
- To make an appointment at the WHS Door County Campus, please book online here.
- To adopt at PetSmart Green Bay WEST please visit during adoption hours.