Need to find a new home for your pet?
Below, you'll find two online platforms that serve as great resources for meeting potential adopters quickly and safely online. Both sites are completely free.
1) Home To Home (all species)
- Home To Home is a direct-to-adopter tool for pet guardians looking to rehome their animal. All species are welcome on the site, as long as they are legal to have as pets in Wisconsin. Home To Home does not allow any exchange of adoption fees. All listings are reviewed and approved by a Wisconsin Humane Society staff member to dissuade any misuse of the site, then you will work one-on-one with potential adopters to determine who is the best match for your animal and completing the adoption yourself. WHS is not responsible for the medical or behavioral condition of the animals listed, nor the outcomes of your conversations with potential adopters.
- If you are interested in listing your animal on the Home To Home website, please click here to complete your submission.
2) Rehome by Adopt-a-Pet.com (dogs & cats only)
- Rehome by Adopt-a-Pet.com is a user-friendly resource for those who are seeking to rehome or adopt an animal. This site is currently only able to list dogs or cats; please see option #1 above if you have any other species of animal in need of a new home. Adopt-a-Pet sets a flat adoption fee for your animal and requires the funds to be directed to a shelter or rescue group. Rehome is not affiliated with nor operated by the Wisconsin Humane Society. WHS is not responsible for the medical or behavioral condition of the animals listed, nor the outcomes of your conversations with potential adopters.
- If you are interested in listing your animal on Adopt-a-Pet's Rehome website, please click here to complete your submission.
Looking for a new companion?
If you haven't found your match on the Wisconsin Humane Society website, we recommend visiting the Home To Home site to view local animals in need of new homes, or Adopt-a-Pet's website which gives you the opportunity to filter by criteria such as age, size, breed, location, and more.
The pets on the sites featured above are not animals in the care of the Wisconsin Humane Society, and WHS is not involved in the adoption process. Instead, this is a courtesy listing of animals out in the community who are remaining in their current homes until their guardians can find them new families. If you have questions or are interested in adopting any of the animals below, please click on their photo and send an inquiry through their profile. The Wisconsin Humane Society is not responsible for any health or behavioral concerns these animals may have.