UPDATE: Due to COVID-19, we are unable to offer SNAP surgeries at this time. We look forward to resuming services as soon as it is safe to do so. Thank you!
The Spay Neuter Assistance Program (SNAP) is designed to reduce pet overpopulation by providing low-cost spay/neuter services to the communities we serve. Appointments are offered on select days depending on campus, with drop-offs scheduled in the morning and pick-ups in the late afternoon/early evening. For preventative care, follow-up, emergency or any services other than spay/neuter, please contact your veterinarian.
To qualify for surgery through the SNAP program, dogs and cats must be between 3 months and 7 years old. Rabbits must be at least 6 months and no older than 5 years.
To qualify for the low-income tier, you must demonstrate financial need by presenting one of the following:
- Forward card or proof of state medical benefits
- Quest card or proof of state food assistance
- Wisconsin Works
- Letter confirming current unemployment compensation
- College/University student ID
- Social Security letter or statement
- Kinship Care statement
- Proof of income demonstrating yearly household income at or below poverty line
All animals must be current on both Rabies and Distemper vaccinations before scheduling an appointment. It is highly recommended that dogs also be current on Bordetella as well, although it is not required. Check for information about our next low-cost vaccine clinic.
SNAP program pricing & guidelines
To qualify for surgery, dogs and cats must be between 3 months and 7 years old.
Rabbits must be at least 6 months and no older than 5 years.
- Cat Spay/Neuter - $50
- Dog Spay/Neuter - $85
- Pit Bull Type Dog Spay/Neuter - $60
- Rabbit Spay/Neuter (Oz only) - $85
- Additional animals - $70 dogs, $25 cats, $35 Pit Bull Type Dogs
Additional Fees May Apply
- Dogs over 100 lbs - Add $20
- Cryptorchid - Add $20
- Umbilical hernia repair - Add $20
Available for an additional fee:
- Heartworm Test (dogs) - $35.00
- Bordetella Vaccine (dogs) - $20.00
- Microchip (dogs/cats) - $20.00
- FeLV (feline leukemia) Test (cats) - $35.00
- FeLV/FIV Test (cats) - $45.00
- Flea & Ear Mite Treatment - $10.00
- E-collar - $5.00
Out of courtesy to those interested in the SNAP program, we can only permit one canceled or rescheduled appointment. If a second appointment is canceled, it may be at least 6 months before we can schedule another time for your animal to be seen.