SNAP - Green Bay Campus
1830 Radisson Street, Green Bay, WI 54302 | 920-469-3110
The Spay Neuter Assistance Program (SNAP) is designed to reduce pet overpopulation by providing low-cost spay/neuter services at the WHS Green Bay Campus for those who qualify. Appointments are offered on select days, with drop-offs scheduled in the morning and pick-ups in the late afternoon/early evening. For preventative care, emergency, or any services other than spay/neuter, please contact your veterinarian. Please read the information below to see if you qualify.
Before you visit or call, please note:
- Our services are by appointment only.
- Our lobby is closed to walk-in traffic. To ensure the safety of our staff and clients, please do not visit without an appointment.
- We are offering curbside processes whenever possible. Clients must follow appointment instructions provided in their confirmation email for the most up-to-date procedures.
- Clients should not come to their appointment if they are experiencing any symptoms of illness. We will work with you to reschedule or coordinate sending a family member or friend in your place.
To be eligible for SNAP, you must demonstrate financial need by meeting one of the following criteria below. You may be asked to furnish proof on the day of your appointment.
- Forward card or proof of state Medicaid
- Quest card or proof of state food assistance
- Wisconsin Works
- Letter confirming current unemployment compensation
- Social Security letter or statement
- Proof of income demonstrating yearly household income at or below 150% of the poverty line.
To qualify for SNAP, your animal must meet the following criteria:
- Must be up to date on both Rabies and Distemper (FVRCP for cats and DHPP for dogs) vaccinations at the time of your appointment. You will be asked to furnish proof on the day of your appointment. It is highly recommended that dogs also be up to date on Bordetella as well, although it is not required. Check here for information about our next low-cost vaccine clinic.
- Must be between the ages of 3 months and 7 years old.
- Must weigh between 2 pounds and 100 pounds to be eligible for surgery.
Your animal will not be eligible for surgery through the SNAP program if any of the following apply:
- Known or suspected adverse reaction to anesthesia
- History of having a C-section
- Diagnosis of diabetes, FeLV+, currently heartworm+, heart murmur or heart condition, or other serious illness.
Because safety is our priority, these conditions would make your animal ineligible for surgery at WHS. We recommend you follow up with a private veterinarian. There are other medical concerns that may make your animal ineligible for surgery and this determination can be made any time up to and including the date of surgery. If WHS determines that your animal is ineligible for our services, a full refund will be provided for services paid.
SNAP program pricing & guidelines
- Cat Spay/Neuter - $45
- Dog Spay/Neuter - $75
- Additional animals - $60 dogs, $25 cats
Additional Fees May Apply
- Cryptorchid - Add $20 if over 6 months, if under 6 months, animal is ineligible for surgery
- Umbilical hernia repair - Add $15
- Flea treatment - Add $5
- Ear mite treatment - Add $5
Available for an additional fee:
- Heartworm Test (dogs) - $35
- Bordetella Vaccine (dogs) - $25
- Microchip (dogs/cats) - $10
- FeLV (feline leukemia) Test (cats) - $35
- FeLV/FIV Test (cats) - $45
- E-collar - $5
- Flea preventative - varies by species/weight
Book an Appointment
If you have read the above and meet the qualifications, please make an appointment:
Out of courtesy to those interested in the SNAP program, we can only permit one canceled or rescheduled appointment. If a second appointment is canceled, it may be at least 6 months before we can schedule another time for your animal to be seen.