Trap Neuter Return (TNR)
Offered at the Ozaukee Campus and West Allis Spay/Neuter Clinic
Looking to spay/neuter an outdoor feral or community cat? The Wisconsin Humane Society's TNR program provides spay/neuter and vaccination services to community/outdoor, feral cats for a nominal fee. Any Wisconsin resident who wants to have a feral cat spayed or neutered, and who agrees to our guidelines, is welcome to participate.
- Every cat who receives surgery through this program will be painlessly ear-tipped under anesthesia during their surgery. This is to indicate to concerned parties who spot them outside that this cat has already been spayed or neutered, is not a lost stray, and does not need to be trapped or caught.
- This program is solely for unsocialized, feral cats who cannot live indoors. If a social, easily-handled cat is brought in for TNR services, WHS reserves the right to intake them as a stray (if found within the county) and hold them for the mandatory stray holding period to attempt to reunite them with an owner. If an owner is not found, the animal can begin their journey toward our adoption program. If a social cat is held, we do not charge for TNR services.
- For the safety of staff and the comfort of the animals, all cats must arrive in a trap.
Cost and Scope of Services
A cost of $30 per cat is to be assessed at the time of drop off for appointment. Cost includes:
- Rabies vaccination (3 months and up)
- FVRCP vaccination
- Ear tipping
Additional fees: (optional)
- FeLV/FIV testing - $35
- Flea treatment - $5
1. Ozaukee Campus
TNR services are offered by appointment only at the WHS Ozaukee Campus on Mondays and Wednesdays. You will select a drop-off time between 8-9am when booking your appointment, and pick-up occurs the same day between 3-5pm. Please note: Cats must arrive in a trap.
Due to the unpredictability of trapping outdoor cats, we ask that you only make an appointment once you have already trapped a cat. For the same reason, we will only be opening up appointments for a week at a time (so on any given day, you'll be able to see the next 7 days' worth of appointments). TNR surgeries will occur on Mondays and Wednesdays, so we recommend attempting to trap early in the week. For more information, please give us a call at 262-377-7580.
2. West Allis Spay/Neuter Clinic
Our West Allis clinic offers Trap Neuter Return (TNR) services by appointment only. For program guidelines and scheduling availability at our West Allis Clinic, participants must call 414-323-6163. Sorry; walk-ins cannot be accepted as appointments are limited.
Check out our TNR FAQs for more detailed information!