Make a plan for your pets
Who will care for your pet?
While it’s not fun to imagine, now is an important time to create a plan for your pet in case you get sick or are hospitalized due to COVID-19. We strongly encourage you to gather members of your household and walk through the following steps to ensure your animals will be well cared for in the event of an emergency. We all know our pets would rather be lounging on a couch rather than sitting in a kennel!
- Name and contact information for the person who can care for your pets
- Name and contact information for your back-up in case your go-to is no longer able to help
- Food, treats, a leash, a couple of toys, and any other supplies necessary to care for your pet for at least two weeks
- A crate or carrier to transport your pet
- Vaccination records
- Collars with ID tags (and don’t forget to make sure your pet’s microchip information is up to date)
- Medications and prescriptions, along with a list of instructions
- Daily care instructions
- Contact information for your veterinary clinic
With your whole family on board and a plan in place, you’ll feel a bit better about your pet’s safety knowing they’re in good hands no matter what challenges may arise. ❤