menu close open event RSVP required ticketed event
Toggle Search

Pet Licensing

There are many great reasons to get your animals licensed, but the most important reason is that it’s the law - Wisconsin State Statute requires that all dogs and cats over five months of age must receive a Rabies vaccination tag and license tag.

Plus, stray pets that are licensed are more likely to be reunited quickly with their owners. 

The Wisconsin Humane Society provides licensing services at these campuses:

  • Milwaukee Campus, for any Milwaukee County municipality
  • Racine Campus, for City of Racine ONLY
  • Green Bay Campus, for City of Green Bay ONLY

For costs and requirements, contact the WHS Campus in your area listed above.
Please note: the Ozaukee and Door County Campuses do not provide licensing services. 

For additional pet licensing information for your area, including costs and where to purchase, please click on your county below.

Please Help! Close

Exciting Pet Walk news!

Now through May 31, all donations made to each Pet Walk event will be MATCHED thanks to some incredible friends of WHS!

How to take advantage of this opportunity to help twice as many animals:
- Make a donation to Pet Walk online
- Donate to a friend who is participating in Pet Walk
- Register for your local Pet Walk and start collecting donations to win prizes

Find a Pet Walk near you this summer:
Green Bay | MKE | Racine-Kenosha | Ozaukee | Door County