WHS Racine Campus to host anniversary party
RACINE – The Wisconsin Humane Society (WHS) is hosting a one year anniversary party of the Wisconsin Humane Society Racine Campus on Sunday, January 26, 2014 from 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. at the WHS Racine Campus, 2706 Chicory Rd., Racine, WI 53403. This event will feature an exciting raffle, facility tours, birthday cake, animal greeters and much more! RSVPs at www.wihumane.org are appreciated, but not necessary. A $5 donation will be suggested at the door to attend this fundraiser. This event is for humans only, please.
Since WHS acquired the Racine Campus in January 2013, adoptions have nearly doubled (from 880 to 1,680), 25% more stray animals were reunited with their families, and 722 animals from low-income families were spayed or neutered.
WHS is also soliciting online donations to help continue these efforts in 2014. The donation levels below represent a few of the items relied upon at the Racine Campus to help keep animals happy and healthy as they wait for their perfect match.
- A donation of $25 would provide 10 cats with Stretch & Scratchers. These simple, cardboard creations help to keep cats exercised, entertained, and more at ease as they wait for a loving home.
- A $50 donation would cover the cost of a Kuranda bed. Durable, comfortable, and easy to clean, these special beds provide a cozy place for our dogs to sleep at night.
- By donating $75, we could purchase a comforting den for a cat. The shelter environment can be stressful for cats, but these sturdy dens give them a quiet place to relax when they need privacy.
- A donation of $100 would provide 15 dogs with Kong toys. Whether they're chasing after a bouncing Kong, enjoying a treat hidden inside one, or teething on the durable rubber, a Kong makes the stay at a shelter much easier on dogs of all ages, sizes, and activity levels.
Donations can be made online at www.wihumane.org or in person at WHS Racine Campus, 2706 Chicory Rd., Racine, WI 53403.
# # #
- Tuesday, January 14, 2014
- For immediate release
- Media Contact: Angela Speed