Thank you for taking the first step in finding a new home for your companion animal!
Your commitment will create shelter space for other animals who don’t have a loving person like you to help them. Be sure to include accurate contact information so that individuals interested in adopting your animal can reach you. Please note that you must respond to potential adopters within 7 days or your post may be removed due to inactivity.
Please read through pages 4-7 of our Virtual Rehoming Packet for tips on finding your animal an ideal home, as well as questionnaires to use with potential adopters to ensure the best possible match.
Guidelines for Submission:
- All dogs and cats must be at least 8 weeks of age or older.
If you have a puppy or kitten under 8 weeks old and need support, please contact the WHS campus nearest you.
- Posts for more than 2 puppies from the same litter are prohibited.
If you have a litter of puppies you are not able to care for, please contact the WHS campus nearest you.
- Posts by or on behalf of rescue groups, breeders, or other humane societies are prohibited.
This page was created as a resource for individuals in the community who can no longer care for their pets, in an effort to find them homes without coming to the shelter.
- Submit a JPG photo. This drastically increases the number of inquiries for your animal.
Please note: WHS does not have access to alter, replace, or remove the photo you submit. Before uploading, double check that you have selected the correct photo and that it is cropped and rotated appropriately before submitting. If you need to replace your image after submitting it, you will need to start a new form and email firstname.lastname@example.org to have your initial form removed.
- Be honest, it’s in your animal’s best interest.
- Respond to potential adopters in a timely manner (within 7 days) or your post may be removed due to inactivity.
- Fill out one form per animal.
If you are rehoming multiple animals and are requiring they're adopted into the same home together: please fill out a separate form for each animal and write (must be adopted with [second animal's name]) after the first animal's name in the Animal Name field. For example, Animal Name: Gracie (must be adopted with Oscar) and in the second form Oscar (must be adopted with Gracie).
- When you are ready to submit your form, please be patient; it may take a few minutes to send.
Please do not hit the "Send" button multiple times, as it may lead to issues with your submission.