October 1 , 2008
For Immediate Release
Media Contact: Angela Speed
Direct: (414) 431-6104
Give a dog a new leash on life!
Help 500 dogs find new homes this October
MILWAUKEE - October is Adopt-a-Dog Month and the Wisconsin and Ozaukee Humane Societies are hoping to place 500 dogs in new homes in just 31 days. With your help, we can achieve our goal!
There are numerous reasons to bring a furry friend into your life, but here are the top ten reasons to adopt a dog from WHS or OHS this month.
10. Sharing your life with a dog will make both your lives even better.
9. You’ll always have someone to cheer with during the big game.
8. WHS and OHS dogs are already spayed or neutered, microchipped and have been given initial
7. You'll have a snuggle buddy as the days get shorter.
6. Dogs can promote exercise, help lower blood pressure, prevent heart disease, and fight
depression and loneliness.
5. WHS and OHS have an unbelievable variety of dog breeds, ages, sizes and personalities.
4. Your other dog will have someone to talk to while you’re at work.
3. With an appropriate costume, you can go trick or treating, even if you don’t have kids.
2. Who doesn't need lots of unconditional love?
1. And the number one reason you should adopt a dog from the Wisconsin and Ozaukee Humane
Societies in October is...
All dog adopters will receive a special gift pack with their adoption.
They'll also get a chance to spin the wheel and upgrade their prize!
Stay tuned in October for the Wisconsin Humane Society’s Extreme Makeover, Puppy Haven Edition and Tricks for Treats, coming soon!
Photo Opportunity: Call Angela Speed at 414-431-6104 to schedule an interview. Many dogs are available for filming this week, including the dogs in the attached photos!