December 15, 2009
For Immediate Release
Top Ten Reasons to Adopt a Rabbit
MILWAUKEE – The Wisconsin Humane Society currently has many adoptable rabbits looking for homes for the holidays. Rabbits are sure to make your holidays ‘hoppy’ and extend the joy throughout the years. This month, every rabbit adopter who purchases a kit, which includes aspen bedding, timothy hay, Oxbow rabbit food, a water bottle, a ceramic dish, an Atomic treat ball and a toy, will have the $15 rabbit adoption fee waived!
Could a bunny be the companion for you? Check out the Wisconsin Humane Society’s top ten reasons to adopt a rabbit:
1) All of the rabbits at WHS have been spayed or neutered, microchipped, given initial vaccinations and a health exam.
2) Rabbits live an average of 8 to 10 years, giving you a decade of joy!
3) Rabbits are social, entertaining companions!
4) Many rabbits are litterbox trained!
5) Rabbits are very clean animals and rarely need bathing.
6) Once a rabbit knows his name, he’ll come running for a pet, kiss, or treat!
7) You’ll never have to take a rabbit outside in the middle of the night.
8) Adopted rabbits go home with a certificate for a free veterinary exam!
9) Rabbits often do great in pairs – WHS offers a Happy Hopping dating service to find the perfect match for your rabbit!
10) A bunny will be your best buddy!
For more information on adopting a rabbit from the Wisconsin Humane Society please call 414-ANIMALS or visit www.wihumane.org.
# # #