Doggone Good Books
All books on this list are available in our online store as well as our Animal Antics store locations in Milwaukee, Saukville and Racine. Click on the title for more information or to place an order.
- Cautious Canine by Patricia B. McConnell, Ph.D.
So much aggression in dogs results from fear, but fear-based problems can become worse if treated incorrectly. This booklet provides a step-by-step explanation of desensitizing and counter classical conditioning.
- Feeling Outnumbered? by Patricia B. McConnell, Ph.D. and Karen B. London, Ph.D.
Filled with practical ideas about keeping life fun in houses that have two dogs or many more than that, Feeling Outnumbered is a great resource for all multiple dog owners, whether novice or professional.
- Feisty Fido by Patricia McConnell, Ph.D. and Karen B. London Ph.D.
This booklet is designed for anyone, novice or professional, who works with dogs who are aggressive to other dogs on leash.
- How to be the Leader of the Pack by Patricia B. McConnell, Ph.D.
Learn how to love your dogs without spoiling them and provide boundaries without intimidation. This booklet clarifies how to be a benevolent leader and avoid aggression related to fear or dominance.
- I'll be Home Soon by Patricia B. McConnell, Ph.D.
This booklet explains the difference between dogs who truly have separation anxiety and those that merely misbehave and then describes a behavior modification program for the prevention and treatment of both problems.
- Play Together, Stay Together by Karen B. London, Ph.D. & Patricia B. McConnell, Ph.D.
This engagingly written booklet shows how play can enhance your relationship with your dog, improve your dog's responsiveness, and provide your dog with the mental and physical exercise he or she needs.
- Puppy Primer by Brenda K. Scidmore & Patricia B. McConnell, Ph.D.
From potty training to socialization, this book will tell you everything you need to know to raise a healthy and happy puppy.
- The Other End of the Leash by Patricia B. McConnell, Ph.D.
This book shares a revolutionary, new perspective on our relationships with dogs, focusing on our behavior in comparison with dogs.
- Way to Go! by Patricia B. McConnell, Ph.D. and Karen B. London Ph.D.
This clear, concise booklet can help your puppy or adult dog learn a lifetime of good habits.